Key to Success Key to Success

Level 1: Do the same thing like 6 times. Pretty shitty way to start.

Perfect Aim Perfect Aim

unintuintive mechanics. Random teleportation is the complete opposite of fair and intuitive. seems like you had an idea for a reflection puzzle , but didn't have time to learn vector collision and trigonometry.

brunuu responds:

Random teleportation?
You can tell me where, it was not supposed to.

EDIT:
I solved the problem.

Survive Survive

uninspired, unoriginal, boring.

mix up the enemy ai, google orthogonal elements in game design.

Stickman Fly Kick Stickman Fly Kick

left and right were a bad choice, up and down would have been better. I recommend making entire menu work with only the keyboard, switching between mouse and keyboard sucks.

the pacing was numbingly slow, the physics didn't seem right, but pretty good for your first Game on NG

Beat Trip (update 3.5.17) Beat Trip (update 3.5.17)

overall boring. gear shifting doesn't add anything, should just keep to gear 4. the solid background needs some contrast, why am i killing people, and how do I win/lose, nothing hurts me, why buy upgrades when I'm invincible. the blue arrow should point to the goal once it's available, I never found it.

bad art (car sprite is cool), bad controls/mechanics, bad game feel, no obstacles to overcome, no real goals.

It's a decent prototype, but not fleshed out or tuned at all.

LegacyRetro responds:

Thx. Yes, prototype. I will gradually supplement it (mechanics, goals and missions).

Ruined Topology Ruined Topology

Blank screen, never loads. Refreshed 4 times.
on Windows Chrome

Writer Man 5 Writer Man 5

Better than I was expecting. The UX is actually very polished, but I wouldn't have guess that from the empty load screen, and cumbersome home page.

I'm confused why I should go with a higher quality publisher with a lower royalty, I assume it's for more revenue, but that's not conveyed well.

The fact that you break down how skills affect book types in the description indicates that the game does not make this clear enough, there's also random things I wish had mouse over descriptions, like "compo".

overall, it's an interesting game, that I wouldn't have expected to enjoy.

Change the name

FIL1994 responds:

Thanks for the review.

XOB XOB

Nice, but gets boring pretty fast. There's no reason to hide the mouse cursor in a game like this.

Run From Wade Run From Wade

What the fuck is this?
... The greatest thing ever made

Steam Heart Steam Heart

Artistically beautiful, the mechanics are nice, its insane you got this much done in 72 hours. but the game isn't that good.you get way more life than you lose, you can pretty much run through levels without attempting to dodge. As for the theme "Ancient Technologies", it was practically avoided entirely. there's some cogs thrown in, and that's in, like you would have made the same functional game regardless of the theme.

SinclairStrange responds:

Usually I make my games too difficult and get a lot of people responding with it being too hard, so I made an active thought to make the game much easier so people can play through to the end as it's just a jam game. I guess I'm damned if I do, damned if I don't.

In response to the theme, it wasn't avoided entirely, I believe Steampunk can fit ancient technology, blimps, steam machines, cogs, light-bulbs. Besides, it doesn't just have to be about aesthetics, the reason I mimicked a mega drive/genesis game was to fit around the theme. I think a lot of people thought of the theme very literal and went with caveman/past, throwing rocks settings.